This is hilarious and true! I just had to repost this.
34 Signs You Grew Up Filipinoby Ashley Perez
1. This was a perfectly normal breakfast.
2. But this was your actual favorite breakfast.
3. And when all else failed there was always this.
4. You have no idea how to make rice on the stove, only in a flowery rice cooker.
6. You had a hundred pairs of "tsinelas" spread around your house.
7. The only name you were ever called by was:
8. Their names are lolo and lola, not grandpa and grandma.
9. You know you had to "mano" every adult in the house before you were allowed to go play.
10. Which was no easy task because you had approximately 15 "titas" and "titos" growing up.
11. Every year you sent a giant cardboard box to your relatives in the Philippines.
12. You immediately turn your head when you hear these phrases.
14. Your Thanksgiving includes a few unconventional items.
15. Nothing makes your mouth water faster than the sight of pan de sal.
16. Your family does most of its grocery shopping here.
18. You could really go for an ice-cold halo halo right now.
19. All of your relatives came over every time this guy was fighting.
Image by AFP/Jewel Samad
20. Your family car definitely has one of these hanging somewhere.
22. You were constantly being asked if you had finished your Kumon.
23. You played at least one musical instrument growing up.
24. Your parents were always particularly creative when it came to saving money.
26. You know your mom didn't know what to cook when you saw this was what you were eating for dinner.
27. You never threw away your plastic silverware.
28. But let's be honest, half the time you didn't actually eat with silverware.
30. Every family gathering ends with a rousing round of karaoke.
31. You were always looking for ways to rep the Filipino flag.
32. You love joking about being a FOB, but the second anyone else calls you one, you're like: